Re: [sig] Eggs Again

  • eclipsek
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2002
      I also found another list of natural dyes - I haven't tried them yet.
      Yellow - Wild apple bark, onion skin, buckwheat husks. campion, or
      the flowers of dog's fennel.
      Green - sunflower seeds, wild elder berries, dark red or black
      hollyhocks, bush anemones, birch, and mosses.
      Dark Yellow - Alder buds, hazel ot chestnut leaves, walnut and apple
      leaves, or oak bark.
      Black - Sunflower seed husks + sulphate iron, bark of alder, young
      leaves of black maple.

      From "Pysanka: Icon of the Universe"; Tkachuk, Mary, Marie Kishchuk,
      and Alice Nicholaichuk; Ottawa: U.W.A.C and National Museum Canada, 1977.
      -Kataryna