Re: [sig] Slavic 130

  • Marilee Humason
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2002
      --- Alberta <jadedusoleil@...> wrote:

      > but the questions are fascinating and I
      > plan to use them as a source of study for my own
      > entertainment/education on Slavic Culture. I thought
      > some of you may find this studyguide interesting as
      > well. If any of you know of books relating to the
      > subjects of this study guide, could you send a list?
      > Thankyou in advance!
      > ~Alberta

      You are right, the questions are facinating, some of
      them I know the answer to, because of the researching
      I have been doing for Gypsies. They very much believed
      in the vampire. I have two books that might interest
      you and can answer some of the questions:
      Religion and the decline of Magic,Studies in Popular
      beliefs in Sixteenth and Seventeeth Century England by
      Keith Thomas
      Gypsy Demons and Divinities The magic and Religion of
      the Gypsies. By Elwood B. Trigg.
      I also found the answeres to other of those questions
      when I was visiting Slovakia last summer. Definately
      old beliefs die hard.
      Thanks for the questions, I printed them so I could
      answer them too.
      Baroness Anastasia

      http://slavic.ohio-state.edu/courses/sl130/lectures/AU01-midterm.htm

      http://health.yahoo.com