Slavic 130

  • Alberta
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 10:54 AM
      I did a search on my computer looking for information on Slavic and Eastern European masks and mask-making and found this site...it is an on-line study-guide for a test at Ohio state University...which probably means very little to many of you, but the questions are fascinating and I plan to use them as a source of study for my own entertainment/education on Slavic Culture. I thought some of you may find this studyguide interesting as well. If any of you know of books relating to the subjects of this study guide, could you send a list? Thankyou in advance!
      ~Alberta

      http://slavic.ohio-state.edu/courses/sl130/lectures/AU01-midterm.htm

    • Marilee Humason
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6 9:12 AM
        --- Alberta <jadedusoleil@...> wrote:

        > but the questions are fascinating and I
        > plan to use them as a source of study for my own
        > entertainment/education on Slavic Culture. I thought
        > some of you may find this studyguide interesting as
        > well. If any of you know of books relating to the
        > subjects of this study guide, could you send a list?
        > Thankyou in advance!
        > ~Alberta

        You are right, the questions are facinating, some of
        them I know the answer to, because of the researching
        I have been doing for Gypsies. They very much believed
        in the vampire. I have two books that might interest
        you and can answer some of the questions:
        Religion and the decline of Magic,Studies in Popular
        beliefs in Sixteenth and Seventeeth Century England by
        Keith Thomas
        Gypsy Demons and Divinities The magic and Religion of
        the Gypsies. By Elwood B. Trigg.
        I also found the answeres to other of those questions
        when I was visiting Slovakia last summer. Definately
        old beliefs die hard.
        Thanks for the questions, I printed them so I could
        answer them too.
        Baroness Anastasia

        http://health.yahoo.com