Greetings to all, and a question

  • Seonaid
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 12:03 PM
      Greetings unto this fine assembly!
      I'm Seonaid, and I think I know a few folks here (Hi,
      Tasha!). I've spent the last 2+ years slowly
      realizing that picking a scots name wasn't so smart
      when Kievan Rus is so much more interesting! This in
      mind, I've been plotting more and more Kievan garb and
      extras, and since recent financial luck has given me
      the opportunity to go for a more period kit for
      Pennsic, I have a question for the assembly which I
      have not been able to answer in independant study:

      What type of tent would an Early Period Rus use? I'm
      aiming for the early part of the reign of St.
      Vladimir. Should be be looking at gers or viking
      A-frames? Is there some type of tent particularly
      Slavic for the period? Or something in the middle,
      like this:
      <http://www.nizamcanvas.com/images/medieval/medieval2.jpg>
      (recently described to me as an "almost-yurt").
      Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
      --Seonaid

      =====
      http://health.yahoo.com