Re: Re: Painted Ware

  • MHoll@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 1999
      In a message dated 10/1/1999 12:11:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
      jenne@... writes:

      > Nope, it's not OOP! *grin* I have documentation from the _Wooden Artifacts
      > from Medieval Novogrod_ books that show and describe painted dishes,
      > spoons, and birchbark containers.

      Good! Nice! But are the designs and colors period?

      Predslava,
      who hasn't been to the library in a while!
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 1999
        >I would publish his web site or even his e-mail addy IF he had one. The best
        >I can do is try to catch him home and see if he has any in stock. The next
        >time I talk to him I'll see what he has.
        >
        >You want painted spoons,,, how about Russian cooking tools?
        >
        >Katradzyna

        What kinds of cooking tools? And could you give us the gentle's name, if
        not his contact info? It sounds like he has potential to be a good contact
        for Slavic wares. Is he in the SCA?

        --Yana
      • Diane S. Sawyer
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 1999
          --- Leslie Helms <leslie@...> wrote:
          > From: Leslie Helms <leslie@...>
          >
          > I'd like to know where to buy painted spoons, also.
          > They're used in Gypsy
          > dancing. Can you publish the information on the
          > list?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Larisa Ivanova

          How are they used?

          Tasha
        • Chris and Trish Makowski
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 1999
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 7, 1999
              >I would publish his web site or even his e-mail addy IF he had one. The
              best
              > >I can do is try to catch him home and see if he has any in stock. The
              >next
              > >time I talk to him I'll see what he has.
              > >
              > >You want painted spoons,,, how about Russian cooking tools?
              > >
              > >Katradzyna
              >
              >What kinds of cooking tools? And could you give us the gentle's name, if
              >not his contact info? It sounds like he has potential to be a good contact
              >for Slavic wares. Is he in the SCA?
              >
              >--Yana

              I don't know what kind, they look like spatulas, flat spoons, and other
              stuff. The tags say "Russian cooking tool"

              Good contact for Slavic wares???? His SCA persona is Russian!!

              Mayhaps you have heard of Longship Trading Company. He dosen't do Pennsic,
              but he tries to do many Aethelmaerc events and many in the Vermont,
              Massachus....Massejuice... oh heck - MA area, and a little in the eastern
              PA area.

              I don't have his number on me right now but I'll look.

              Katradzyna