Re: Seeking Hungarian classes

  • vespirus@xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 1999
      Sadly, I don't live near Northshield, nor am I likely to be there this
      spring. Otherwise, I would gladly agree to teach a class.

      On a related note, I've suggested to Paul Wickenden and Predslava that
      some of us heralds should offer a track of Eastern European classes at
      this years' Known World Heraldic Symposium. That possibility is still up
      in the air pending certainly of schedules, but if there are folks out
      there who might be in Ansteorra or like to go, please make yourself known!
      I hope to teach a class or two myself, and am currently thinking about
      classes such as "Hungarian Names", "Polish Heraldry", and "Writing and
      Pronouncing Central European Names".

      --Walraven

      > Forwarded from the Northshield Digest
      > One possibility for Nordleigh's spring 2000 event is a Hungarian theme, so
      > I'd like to get a feel for availability of teachers. Are there gentles in
      > Northshield (or nearby) who could teach a class related to medieval
      > Hungary? Any topics and time periods would be welcome--history, poetry,
      > language, or culture, from before the Conquest of 896 up to the fall to
      > the Turks at the end of period. Thanks for any names you can give!
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 1999
        The event is in Northfield, Minnesota. If you would like, I can forward
        your offer to the Northshield List and maybe someone there will take you up
        on it.

        Yana (Ilyana Barsova) jdmiller2@...
        http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2