RE: [sig] Czech Knowledge Page

  • Kate Rayburn
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
      As the old maintainer of the Czech Knowledge Site, I still have the
      files if someone else wants to maintain it. The place I was hosting it
      lost it several times, so I was looking for a new place to host it and
      then life exploded. I just don't have enough time to devote to it
      anymore. I'd love to see a Czech Knowledge page put back up.

      Anezka

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
        I actually have a "skeleton" page up at:

        http://scholar76.tripod.com/czech/

        with a few links and stuff, but it's a mess (there's
        an "under heavy construction" warning label on it
        :-)). I wouldn't mind having those old files. I've got
        bits and pieces of stuff.

        Isabelle

        --- Kate Rayburn <anezka@...> wrote:
        > As the old maintainer of the Czech Knowledge Site, I
        > still have the
        > files if someone else wants to maintain it. The
        > place I was hosting it
        > lost it several times, so I was looking for a new
        > place to host it and
        > then life exploded. I just don't have enough time
        > to devote to it
        > anymore. I'd love to see a Czech Knowledge page put
        > back up.
        >
        > Anezka

        =====
        Shine on you crazy diamond,
        You were caught on the crossfire
        Of childhood and stardom,
        Blown on the breeze...
        Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
        ---Pink Floyd, "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
      • Mykola Ponomarenko
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2002
          Please join the -Trypillian Civilization Tour- this
          summer. To this date we have booked a small group of
          people, but still have a few places left. Below is a
          description of the tour.

          * * *
          A unique look at Ukrainian history and archeology is
          made possible by an American-Ukrainian organization
          Kolos Corp.; who is organizing a tour to Ukraine,
          focusing on the ancient "Trypilska Kultura", this
          coming June.

          The "Ancient Trypillian Civilization - 7000 years ago"
          Tour, allows one to visit the most important museum
          collections of Trypillian artifacts and relics, as
          well as places of existing excavation of Trypillian
          settlements. People will also be able to visit the
          Scientific Fund of the Institute of Archeology which
          is not mortally open to the public.

          The experienced historian and archeologist Dr.
          Mykhailo Videiko will lead the expedition. Dr. M.
          Videiko has a PhD in history and archeology, and is a
          Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Archeology of the
          National Academy of Science of Ukraine. He is also the
          Vice-president of the Dyvich-Hora International Fund,
          which protects and researches the Trypillian culture.

          Itinerary:

          Day-1. Arrive Kyiv.

          Day-2. Kyiv History Museum with archeologist Dr
          Videiko.

          Day-3. Uman. The largest settlement of theTrypillia
          civilization - Maidanets. Overnight in Museum Hotel,
          Uman.

          Day-4. Sofiyivka Park (18th c.). Kamianets-Podilsky
          via Nemyriv, Vinnitsa, Khmelsnitskyi).

          Day-5. Old city of Kamianets-Podilsky on the Dnister
          River bank (including the ancient fortress of
          Kamianets).

          Day-6. Excursions to Zhvanets and Khotin fortresses,
          on the way to Chernivtsi.

          Day-7. Chernivtsi, the "Market City".

          Day-8. Return trip to Kyiv.

          Day-9. Andryivsky Uzviz. Visit the Scientific
          Archeological Fund to see the fascinating collections
          of famous Trypilllian vessels and figurines. Visit
          'Kolo-Ra' studio, to see how the ancient ceramics were
          made, and have a go at it yourself.

          Day-10. Celebrate the sacred Ivana Kupalo Eve on the
          Dnipro River bank, in the ancient village of Vitachiv.
          Farewell dinner.

          Day-11. Free time in Kyiv, before bus transfer to
          airport.

          The 11-day tour will run from Thursday 27th June 2001
          - Sunday 7th July 2002. The cost is US$1100. If you
          would like further information, you can contact Nick
          Ponomarenko in the United States (either directly or
          through your travel agent) on:

          Tel: 1-703-593-8522
          Fax: 1-703-684-8739
          E-Mail:
          2002@...
          kolos@...

          There is s website that has more information on the
          Trypilska cultura in general and the tour:

          http://www.trypillia.com/

          Mykola Ponomarenko

          http://health.yahoo.com