Re: what is a 'funt'

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 1999
      >Welllll, for Americans it would be. For period Russians, not on your life.
      >If they could gather a pound of 'shrooms, they'd have them scarfed that
      >night.

      And for modern Russians too, it seems. At least according to all the
      anthropological works I've read. I'm slooowwwllyy training myself to like
      mushrooms, since it seems you can't have a Russian persoan without liking
      fungi (or fish, but I'm not worried about that food group). I'll eat most
      of the Asian ones and Portabellas are okay, but I don't think I'll ever
      like those slimy button mushrooms! <shudder>

      Hanging up a string or three of dried mushrooms would be a wonderful
      decoration for a Russian encampment or dacha.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Yana (Ilyana Barsova) jdmiller2@...
      http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
    • Katheryne of Krings Keep
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 1999

        > >Welllll, for Americans it would be. For period Russians, not on your
        >life.
        > >If they could gather a pound of 'shrooms, they'd have them scarfed that
        > >night.
        >
        >And for modern Russians too, it seems. At least according to all the
        >anthropological works I've read. I'm slooowwwllyy training myself to like
        >mushrooms, since it seems you can't have a Russian persoan without liking
        >fungi (or fish, but I'm not worried about that food group). I'll eat most
        >of the Asian ones and Portabellas are okay, but I don't think I'll ever
        >like those slimy button mushrooms! <shudder>
        >
        >Hanging up a string or three of dried mushrooms would be a wonderful
        >decoration for a Russian encampment or dacha.

        >Yana (Ilyana Barsova) jdmiller2@...
        > http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2

        You had better be careful with that string or three of mushrooms! One night
        a thief might come into your camp and replace them with strings of
        cranberries!!

        MMMMMMMM good 'shrooms!! <munch, munch, munch>

        Katradzyna