Czech Knowledge Page

  • Megan / Darja z Praze
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2002
      I would love to peruse a Czech knowledge site, as I noticed that all the
      links are broken or old...
      I don't know a thing about web pages, or I'd put up one with the limited
      knowledge I have. It would be a good way to get me to do some research. :-)
      Maybe this summer... after classes end.
      Anyway, if you put one up, Isabella, I would love to see it.

      mejte moc hezky
      (czech for "have a good one" more or less)

      Darja z Praze

    • Kate Rayburn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
        As the old maintainer of the Czech Knowledge Site, I still have the
        files if someone else wants to maintain it. The place I was hosting it
        lost it several times, so I was looking for a new place to host it and
        then life exploded. I just don't have enough time to devote to it
        anymore. I'd love to see a Czech Knowledge page put back up.

        Anezka

        I would love to peruse a Czech knowledge site, as I noticed that all the

        links are broken or old...
        I don't know a thing about web pages, or I'd put up one with the limited

        knowledge I have. It would be a good way to get me to do some research.
        :-)
        Maybe this summer... after classes end.
        Anyway, if you put one up, Isabella, I would love to see it.

        mejte moc hezky
        (czech for "have a good one" more or less)

        Darja z Praze
      • Patricia Hefner
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
          I actually have a "skeleton" page up at:

          http://scholar76.tripod.com/czech/

          with a few links and stuff, but it's a mess (there's
          an "under heavy construction" warning label on it
          :-)). I wouldn't mind having those old files. I've got
          bits and pieces of stuff.

          Isabelle

          --- Kate Rayburn <anezka@...> wrote:
          > As the old maintainer of the Czech Knowledge Site, I
          > still have the
          > files if someone else wants to maintain it. The
          > place I was hosting it
          > lost it several times, so I was looking for a new
          > place to host it and
          > then life exploded. I just don't have enough time
          > to devote to it
          > anymore. I'd love to see a Czech Knowledge page put
          > back up.
          >
          > Anezka

          =====
          Shine on you crazy diamond,
          You were caught on the crossfire
          Of childhood and stardom,
          Blown on the breeze...
          Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
          ---Pink Floyd, "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Mykola Ponomarenko
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 27, 2002
            Please join the -Trypillian Civilization Tour- this
            summer. To this date we have booked a small group of
            people, but still have a few places left. Below is a
            description of the tour.

            * * *
            A unique look at Ukrainian history and archeology is
            made possible by an American-Ukrainian organization
            Kolos Corp.; who is organizing a tour to Ukraine,
            focusing on the ancient "Trypilska Kultura", this
            coming June.

            The "Ancient Trypillian Civilization - 7000 years ago"
            Tour, allows one to visit the most important museum
            collections of Trypillian artifacts and relics, as
            well as places of existing excavation of Trypillian
            settlements. People will also be able to visit the
            Scientific Fund of the Institute of Archeology which
            is not mortally open to the public.

            The experienced historian and archeologist Dr.
            Mykhailo Videiko will lead the expedition. Dr. M.
            Videiko has a PhD in history and archeology, and is a
            Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Archeology of the
            National Academy of Science of Ukraine. He is also the
            Vice-president of the Dyvich-Hora International Fund,
            which protects and researches the Trypillian culture.

            Itinerary:

            Day-1. Arrive Kyiv.

            Day-2. Kyiv History Museum with archeologist Dr
            Videiko.

            Day-3. Uman. The largest settlement of theTrypillia
            civilization - Maidanets. Overnight in Museum Hotel,
            Uman.

            Day-4. Sofiyivka Park (18th c.). Kamianets-Podilsky
            via Nemyriv, Vinnitsa, Khmelsnitskyi).

            Day-5. Old city of Kamianets-Podilsky on the Dnister
            River bank (including the ancient fortress of
            Kamianets).

            Day-6. Excursions to Zhvanets and Khotin fortresses,
            on the way to Chernivtsi.

            Day-7. Chernivtsi, the "Market City".

            Day-8. Return trip to Kyiv.

            Day-9. Andryivsky Uzviz. Visit the Scientific
            Archeological Fund to see the fascinating collections
            of famous Trypilllian vessels and figurines. Visit
            'Kolo-Ra' studio, to see how the ancient ceramics were
            made, and have a go at it yourself.

            Day-10. Celebrate the sacred Ivana Kupalo Eve on the
            Dnipro River bank, in the ancient village of Vitachiv.
            Farewell dinner.

            Day-11. Free time in Kyiv, before bus transfer to
            airport.

            The 11-day tour will run from Thursday 27th June 2001
            - Sunday 7th July 2002. The cost is US$1100. If you
            would like further information, you can contact Nick
            Ponomarenko in the United States (either directly or
            through your travel agent) on:

            Tel: 1-703-593-8522
            Fax: 1-703-684-8739
            E-Mail:
            2002@...
            kolos@...

            There is s website that has more information on the
            Trypilska cultura in general and the tour:

            http://www.trypillia.com/

            Mykola Ponomarenko

            http://health.yahoo.com