Re: [sig] sarafan hassles - geometry problems!

  • Scott Wallrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
      Geesh, never knew that i would have to go restudy my geometry to do sewing.
      :~)

      Aleksandr

      ----Original Message Follows----
      From: Diane Sawyer
      --- Jenn/Yana <slavic@...> wrote:
      > Isabelle frantically wrote:
      {snip}
      > So, Tasha, are we to sew the long diagonal sides together (bias) or
      > the long straight sides (long grain)? In my head, I think it is the
      > long straight sides, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't
      > something going on with bias-to-straight seams, or something. Could
      > be worthwhile to try it both ways....

      Long diagonal sides -- look at Dak's packet. If you sew the gores in so the
      hypotenuse of the right triangle is against the edge or the front/back
      panel, then there will be a large triangular divot in the
      hemline. If you sew it so the long edge of the right triangle is against
      the edge of the panel, you get a trailing bit that can be taken off in the
      hemming.

      Tasha
      who will likely have to rework her article

    • Diane Sawyer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2002
        Heh... neither did I. At least I don't have to write
        a proof to get dressed.

        What's *really* fun is doing the math to build my ger.
        Had my math teacher used real-life, hands-on lessons
        like that, I might have gotten better grades.

        Tasha

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/