Seeking Hungarian classes

  • Jenn/Yana
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 1999
      Forwarded from the Northshield Digest
      Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 17:55:00 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Berowelf fon Haholtesheime <hendriao@...>
      Subject: [Northshield]: Hungarian class?

      Greetings unto the hall!

      One possibility for Nordleigh's spring 2000 event is a Hungarian theme, so
      I'd like to get a feel for availability of teachers. Are there gentles in
      Northshield (or nearby) who could teach a class related to medieval
      Hungary? Any topics and time periods would be welcome--history, poetry,
      language, or culture, from before the Conquest of 896 up to the fall to
      the Turks at the end of period. Thanks for any names you can give!

      In service,
      Berowelf fon Haholtesheime
      Nordleigh

      Et Iesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui,
      nobis post hoc exsilium ostende.
      O clemens, o pia, o dulcis Virgo Maria!

      ------------------------------
    • Tschelm@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 1999
        Greetings unto all

        I do not know where the event is to be held, I am in Albuquerque, NM,
        however, I, as a bard just conpleted a story about the mongol invasion of
        Hungary in 1241.

        I would be glad to forward it to any available bard who would take it upon
        himself to tell the story.

        To the crown,

        AETHELRED the LOTHIAN,
        Al Barran, the OUTLANDS.
      • vespirus@xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 1999
          Sadly, I don't live near Northshield, nor am I likely to be there this
          spring. Otherwise, I would gladly agree to teach a class.

          On a related note, I've suggested to Paul Wickenden and Predslava that
          some of us heralds should offer a track of Eastern European classes at
          this years' Known World Heraldic Symposium. That possibility is still up
          in the air pending certainly of schedules, but if there are folks out
          there who might be in Ansteorra or like to go, please make yourself known!
          I hope to teach a class or two myself, and am currently thinking about
          classes such as "Hungarian Names", "Polish Heraldry", and "Writing and
          Pronouncing Central European Names".

          --Walraven

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 1999
            The event is in Northfield, Minnesota. If you would like, I can forward
            your offer to the Northshield List and maybe someone there will take you up
            on it.

            Yana (Ilyana Barsova) jdmiller2@...
            http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2