Re: what is a 'funt'

  • Joseph L. Tolbert,Jr
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 1999
      A half recipe over toast, with some roast beef made a very nice supper . . .JLT

      Chris and Trish Makowski wrote:

      > From: "Chris and Trish Makowski" <roecourt@...>

    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 1999
        >Welllll, for Americans it would be. For period Russians, not on your life.
        >If they could gather a pound of 'shrooms, they'd have them scarfed that
        >night.

        And for modern Russians too, it seems. At least according to all the
        anthropological works I've read. I'm slooowwwllyy training myself to like
        mushrooms, since it seems you can't have a Russian persoan without liking
        fungi (or fish, but I'm not worried about that food group). I'll eat most
        of the Asian ones and Portabellas are okay, but I don't think I'll ever
        like those slimy button mushrooms! <shudder>

        Hanging up a string or three of dried mushrooms would be a wonderful
        decoration for a Russian encampment or dacha.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Yana (Ilyana Barsova) jdmiller2@...
        http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
      • Katheryne of Krings Keep
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 1999

          > >Welllll, for Americans it would be. For period Russians, not on your
          >life.
          > >If they could gather a pound of 'shrooms, they'd have them scarfed that
          > >night.
          >
          >And for modern Russians too, it seems. At least according to all the
          >anthropological works I've read. I'm slooowwwllyy training myself to like
          >mushrooms, since it seems you can't have a Russian persoan without liking
          >fungi (or fish, but I'm not worried about that food group). I'll eat most
          >of the Asian ones and Portabellas are okay, but I don't think I'll ever
          >like those slimy button mushrooms! <shudder>
          >
          >Hanging up a string or three of dried mushrooms would be a wonderful
          >decoration for a Russian encampment or dacha.

          >Yana (Ilyana Barsova) jdmiller2@...
          > http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2

          You had better be careful with that string or three of mushrooms! One night
          a thief might come into your camp and replace them with strings of
          cranberries!!

          MMMMMMMM good 'shrooms!! <munch, munch, munch>

          Katradzyna