Re: [sig] horse archery

  • Diane Sawyer
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 5, 2002
      --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
      > Not being a rider, I believe it was a canter and the
      > horse was large, a quarter horse mix they said. I
      > have
      > a 48# short Turkish bow and I hit the target, ONCE,
      > that's right, ONCE. Lowsey rider, lowsey archer.
      > Beautiful combination but I would have died in
      > period.
      >
      > 'dak

      So what is it about the size of the quarter horse mix
      as opposed to a smaller animal that makes it harder to
      shoot? We have several draft and draft mixes out
      here; it'd be interesting to know what anatomical
      challenges they might encounter.

      Tasha

      http://mail.yahoo.com/
    • Dmitriy V. Ryaboy
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 10, 2002
        Someone scanned in a few pics from Medvedev -- I don't remember now what the
        original question was, but I am sure the images will be helpful :)

        http://www.missouri.edu/~winsloww/temp/Byzprojweapons/

        (they will be taken down shortly, so save them if you want them)

        -Dmitriy