Re: [sig] horse archery

    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 4, 2002
      Not being a rider, I believe it was a canter and the
      horse was large, a quarter horse mix they said. I have
      a 48# short Turkish bow and I hit the target, ONCE,
      that's right, ONCE. Lowsey rider, lowsey archer.
      Beautiful combination but I would have died in period.

      'dak
      --- Diane Sawyer <tasha_medvedeva@...> wrote:

      > --- Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
      > > 'dak here:
      > > Actually, I tried horse archery this summer and
      > > found that (1) its a hoot (2) its hard as hell (3)
      > > that its easier to do the parthian shot with
      > higher
      > > stirrups and (4) shooting at the hieght of the
      > > bounce
      > > in the gait of your mount is harder with a normal
      > > sized horse without skewering something important
      > on
      > > it.
      > {snip}
      >
      > What gait were you riding at? Were you on your own
      > or
      > on a longe line? And "normal" sized horse as
      > opposed
      > to what size horse?
      >
      > We've been discussing horse archery some here in the
      > East. No one really feels comfy with it yet, nor do
      > many of the riders have appropriate archery
      > equipment,
      > so we've sort of tabled it for now.
      >
      > Tasha
      > still working on that standing in the stirrups
      > thingy.

      > Yahoo! Greetings - Send FREE e-cards for every
      > occasion!
      > http://greetings.yahoo.com

      http://sports.yahoo.com
    • Dmitriy V. Ryaboy
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 10, 2002
        Someone scanned in a few pics from Medvedev -- I don't remember now what the
        original question was, but I am sure the images will be helpful :)

        http://www.missouri.edu/~winsloww/temp/Byzprojweapons/

        (they will be taken down shortly, so save them if you want them)

        -Dmitriy