Re: [sig] Re: horse archery

  • Diane Sawyer
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 3, 2002
      --- pan_landolf <pan_landolf@...> wrote:
      > Looks like the "Tilting at Rings" we do for SCA
      > Equestrian
      > activities, with some differences. I've used both
      > western and
      > English saddles in this event.
      > I just purchased a McClellan cavalry style saddle to
      > use in these
      > games. I figured if the US cavalry used this saddle
      > with lances and
      > sabres that it would be well suited for the SCA
      > games.
      > Landolf

      I have a McClellan, and would like to offer one teensy
      word of warning: Make extra sure it fits your horse.
      It can really pinch broader-backed horses, and needs
      to be well-padded to avoid causing them discomfort.
      Other than that, you might find it more comfortable
      with a gel seat saver, as it has *no padding
      whatsoever*, but other than that, I find it a very
      comfortable and secure ride.

      Tasha

      http://sports.yahoo.com
    • Dmitriy V. Ryaboy
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 10, 2002
        Someone scanned in a few pics from Medvedev -- I don't remember now what the
        original question was, but I am sure the images will be helpful :)

        http://www.missouri.edu/~winsloww/temp/Byzprojweapons/

        (they will be taken down shortly, so save them if you want them)

        -Dmitriy