Re: [sig] horse archery

  • Diane Sawyer
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 2, 2002
      --- MHoll@... wrote:
      > Standard Time,
      > tasha_medvedeva@... writes:
      >

      > > Tasha
      > > still working on that standing in the stirrups
      > thingy.
      >
      > Do it on a longe line with someone keeping your
      > horse going so that you can
      > concentrate on balance. Don't stiffen your legs.
      > Keep moving with the horse.
      > Standing in the stirrups doesn't mean with knees
      > locked and legs straight
      > (although it can be done). Work at the trot, and
      > every other gait will seem
      > easy.
      >
      > Predslava,
      > wishing for a horse.

      I think one of the things I also need to do is shorten
      my stirrups. I've been riding with them very long
      lately, and I think if I bring them up a hole or two
      I'll be able to get my knees higher up on the barrel
      and "kneel on" the horse. The horse I've been riding
      has a small, round barrel, so it will also give me
      better leg contact.

      Tasha
      missing her pony

      http://sports.yahoo.com
    • Dmitriy V. Ryaboy
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 10 9:16 PM
        Someone scanned in a few pics from Medvedev -- I don't remember now what the
        original question was, but I am sure the images will be helpful :)

        http://www.missouri.edu/~winsloww/temp/Byzprojweapons/

        (they will be taken down shortly, so save them if you want them)

        -Dmitriy