  • Bonnie Fowler
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:40:18 -0500 (EST)
      From: Jenne Heise <jenne@...>
      Subject: Re: egg decorating

      > I have a book that lists wax embossing as the oldest slavic egg
      > decorating technique.I'm looking for a resource to back that up.Thank
      > you .

      Please define 'wax embossing'? and I'll see what I can find in the
      information I'm in the process of posting.

      They show wax embossing as painting with melted color waxes onto the egg.

      Wax resist paints beeswax on the egg before dyeing ,so that it resists the dye.You then hold over a flame to melt wax and remove it.

      Thank you.
      Ysmeine

    • Jenne Heise
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
        > Please define 'wax embossing'? and I'll see what I can find in the
        > information I'm in the process of posting.
        > They show wax embossing as painting with melted color waxes onto the egg.
        > Wax resist paints beeswax on the egg before dyeing ,so that it resists the dye.You then hold over a flame to melt wax and remove it.

        I'm afraid that the book I'm looking at has no documentation for painting
        with colored waxes on the egg even in the 17th century...

        "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
        matter." -- Anon.