Re: Bakherets Armor

  • pan_landolf
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
      --- In sig@y..., MoxFool@a... wrote:
      <snip>
      >Or could/did it
      > make its way to Poland?
      <snip>

      Several of the book I have on Hussars have pictures of this type of
      armor.
      I am of the opinion that karacena armor is the Polish version.

      http://www.jest.art.pl/eluzbro.html

      Landolf
    • pan_landolf
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
        Here's a direct link to pic of karacena armor.
        Landolf
      • MoxFool@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
          Landolf, thanks!
        • Alexey Kiyaikin
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
            Greetings!
            > Rats! It looked neat too. But that's about 200 years to far forward for me
            No trouble. "Then" means about a century, maybe, dozens of years.
            At least scholars date it as XVI century-adopted in Russia.
            > be period. Did it exist prior to then? And in only Russia? Or could/did it
            > make its way to Poland?
            Why not? Tamerlan was a naughty guy, and via the Turks that armor
            could get anywhere. Nevertheless, it is the very end of period.
            Bye,
            Posadnik.