Re: [sig] Bakherets Armor

  • MoxFool@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
      <<XIV-XV century Central Asia (Tamerlan empire), then Russia. There's an
      Osprey book on Tamerlan. AFAIR I saw it there as well.>>

      Rats! It looked neat too. But that's about 200 years to far forward for me to
      be period. Did it exist prior to then? And in only Russia? Or could/did it
      make its way to Poland?

      <<> and where can I see the article?
      at www.Slavic.freeservers.com there is one , as far as I know, in the
      newsletters directory. But the name there is given incorrectly.
      In Russian it is Bakhterets, from the Persian Begter.>>

      Thanks!

      If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why did He make animals out of meat?

      Tom Nadratowski <A HREF="http://www.footballguys.com">Footballguys.com</A>

    • pan_landolf
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
        --- In sig@y..., MoxFool@a... wrote:
        <snip>
        >Or could/did it
        > make its way to Poland?
        <snip>

        Several of the book I have on Hussars have pictures of this type of
        armor.
        I am of the opinion that karacena armor is the Polish version.

        http://www.jest.art.pl/eluzbro.html

        Landolf
      • pan_landolf
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
          Here's a direct link to pic of karacena armor.
          Landolf
        • MoxFool@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
            Landolf, thanks!
          • Alexey Kiyaikin
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
              Greetings!
              > Rats! It looked neat too. But that's about 200 years to far forward for me
              No trouble. "Then" means about a century, maybe, dozens of years.
              At least scholars date it as XVI century-adopted in Russia.
              > be period. Did it exist prior to then? And in only Russia? Or could/did it
              > make its way to Poland?
              Why not? Tamerlan was a naughty guy, and via the Turks that armor
              could get anywhere. Nevertheless, it is the very end of period.
              Bye,
              Posadnik.