Prague Faire (May)

  • Fionnghuala Na Lamh-Bann
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2002
      Dobrye noch', druzhina moya!

      (Sorry if you're getting this twice, I think the first
      transmission bounced. Ack.)

      My local college group is sponsoring their annual
      Renaissance Faire this May. In a really bold and
      sophisticated move, they are ditching Merrie Olde
      England---indeed, Western Europe altogether---and are
      setting the Faire in 16th century Prague. (I'm
      really REALLY proud of them. :) )

      Since I have some working knowledge of Slavic art and
      culture, they've asked me to help with the artsy
      stuff. Signs, posters, designing the program, garb,
      etc. But sadly, I know virutally nothing about
      Renaissance Bohemia, Moravia or Slovakia.

      Does anyone know of some online resources, that would
      be appropriate to the region (western Czechoslovakia)
      and time period (1582) ? Clipart would be
      particularly useful for designing the Faire program.

      Many thanks,

      Fionnghuala of the White Hands

      =====
      "Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point."
      Blaise Pascal, 1623-1662
      (The Heart has its reasons, whereof Reason knows nothing

      http://sports.yahoo.com
    • vespirus@socrates.berkeley.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4 6:45 PM
        I don't have any on-line info or images, but I did recently purchase a CD
        of dance music from Prague of 1611 -- yes, it's all early 17th century an
        the basic styles would be familiar to anyone who dances in the SCA
        (pavanes and such). Unfortunately, there are no dance steps, and there
        seems to be minimal information for tracking down possible scores.

        --Walraven