Russian archery equipment

  • Britta Parsons
    Message 1 of 38 , Feb 25, 2002
      Does anyone know where to get documentation for Russian archery equipment
      before 1700 CE? What I'm looking for is how the bows were made and of
      what materials and arrow styles. On the latter, also what style
      fletching was used, what the shafts were made of, types of heads used, et
      cetera. If someone could find a website with pictures of any of these
      things it would also be apprecitated.

      In Service
      Vasilisa Myshkina
      Glymm Mere, An Tir
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
    • Dmitriy V. Ryaboy
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 10, 2002
        Someone scanned in a few pics from Medvedev -- I don't remember now what the
        original question was, but I am sure the images will be helpful :)

        http://www.missouri.edu/~winsloww/temp/Byzprojweapons/

        (they will be taken down shortly, so save them if you want them)

        -Dmitriy