Re: Ovens

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2002
      Jadwiga -
      OK, if you can wait a couple of days I'll see what I can for summarizing
      the very early stuff...

      Meantime, the stoves referred to are stoves in the sense of heating
      appliances, rather than stoves in the sense of cooking ranges - so yes,
      close to the Dutch type. Many chateaux here still retain late period
      examples (17th-18th centuries) with glazed tiles: I'll see if I can dig out
      some pictures sometime.

      Cheers!

      Alastair

      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)