Name help

  • MoxFool@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 5, 2002
      One or two years ago, one of you helped me track down the origin of my last
      name, and had some references for it. Is there anywhere I can go to look for
      that post?

      In Soli Gloria,
      Tom Nadratowski <A HREF="http://www.footballguys.com">Footballguys.com</A>

    • MoxFool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
        About two years ago a gentleman from this list helped me trace the origin of my last name (I'm Polish). I'm trying to track him down again for help in registering my name and arms. Any help appreciated.

        Tom Nadratowski
      • Shubelka, Mark
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
          My posting back from the Slovo 20 July, AS XXXI (1996)

          Dr. Daniel J. Kij IV can help people with Polish names. His e-mail is
          TGHD67A@... <mailto:TGHD67A@...>

          Kythe

          "The best way out is always through."
          -Robert Frost

          About two years ago a gentleman from this list helped me trace the origin of
          my last name (I'm Polish). I'm trying to track him down again for help in
          registering my name and arms. Any help appreciated.

          Tom Nadratowski

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=221000.1882886.3380087.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17057675
          03:HM/A=965714/R=0/O=1/I=brandr-promo-flowersale-lrecm/*http://shopping.yaho
          o.com/promotions/flowers/index.html>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=221000.1882886.3380087.1261774/D=egroupmai
          l/S=1705767503:HM/A=965714/rand=799456987>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Art Plazewski
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
            If you are looking to trace a normal polish name (not SCA) then send
            e-mail to : HERBARZ-L-request@... with the word subscribe
            as subject and body. Follow up directions and you will get a lot of
            information.
            Art Plazewski.

            About two years ago a gentleman from this list helped me trace the
            origin of my last name (I'm Polish). I'm trying to track him down again
            for help in registering my name and arms. Any help appreciated.

            Tom Nadratowski

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
              In a message dated 2/7/02 11:54:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
              artplazewski@... writes:

              > If you are looking to trace a normal polish name (not SCA) then send
              > e-mail to : HERBARZ-L-request@... with the word subscribe
              > as subject and body. Follow up directions and you will get a lot of
              > information.
              > Art Plazewski.

              Thanks Art!

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
                <<My posting back from the Slovo 20 July, AS XXXI (1996)

                Dr. Daniel J. Kij IV can help people with Polish names. His e-mail is
                TGHD67A@... <mailto:TGHD67A@...>

                Kythe>>

                This email just bounced as an unknown user. Do you have another?

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
                  unfortunately no I dont, he gave me information about my last name although
                  I'm having a dickens of a time finding the sources he used to discover it.
                  I have no crossreference for him either so I wouldn't be surprised if it's
                  not a legitimate source.

                  "The best way out is always through."
                  -Robert Frost

                  <<My posting back from the Slovo 20 July, AS XXXI (1996)

                  Dr. Daniel J. Kij IV can help people with Polish names. His e-mail is
                  TGHD67A@... <mailto:TGHD67A@...>

                  Kythe>>

                  This email just bounced as an unknown user. Do you have another?

                  In Soli Gloria,
                  Tom Nadratowski <A HREF=" http://www.footballguys.com
                  <http://www.footballguys.com> ">Footballguys.com</A>

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=221000.1882886.3380087.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17057675
                  03:HM/A=965714/R=0/O=1/I=brandr-promo-flowersale-lrecm/*http://shopping.yaho
                  o.com/promotions/flowers/index.html>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=221000.1882886.3380087.1261774/D=egroupmai
                  l/S=1705767503:HM/A=965714/rand=129427697>

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
                    Sources to trace back your name :
                    Marriage certificate:
                    Death certificate
                    SSN lists
                    Ship passenger lists
                    Parish information's
                    Church of Seventh Day Saints (?) in Utah have huge record library...
                    etc,etc...
                    Most of that work you will have to do yourself , unless of course , you
                    are very wealthy...
                    Art.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
                      >Church of Seventh Day Saints (?) in Utah have huge record library...
                      That's the Mormon Church or "Latter Day Saints" - LDS libraries
                      to those of us who have done a lot of geneology <smile>. Many
                      of those resources have some sort of "on-line" interface, though
                      to do the actual nitty-gritty you do have to go there.

                      Jan
                    • Jeff Smith
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
                        --- Art Plazewski <artplazewski@...> wrote:

                        Church of Seventh Day Saints (?) in Utah have huge
                        record library...<BR>
                        etc,etc...<BR>

                        We're Latter-Day Saints (Mormons), and those records
                        are available nearly anywhere in the world. Just look
                        in the phonebook and call us. Ask for the Family
                        History Center...there's always one nearby.

                        Janos

                        =====
                        JEFFREY C. SMITH
                        Heidelberg, Germany

                        "There goes one more thing that I said I would never do" -Kelly Bundy

                        http://greetings.yahoo.com
                      • Art Plazewski
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 7, 2002
                          Thank you for correction, that's what I meant...
                          Art Plazewski.