Anya's Russian Embassy

  • Chris and Trish Makowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27 11:47 AM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Alderton, Philippa <phlip@...>
      To: sca-cooks@... <sca-cooks@...>
      Date: Saturday, September 25, 1999 08:14
      Subject: Re: SC - Icelandic Penis Museum.

      >Phlip, off to check out the Mongol guard at Anya's Embassy......

      To my friends on the SCA-Cooks and Slavic Interest Group lists:

      On the topic of my Russian Embassy at Elfsea Defender, I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      My Mongol says that he will guard again, as never has he or his wife been
      paid so richly in food for doing so little.

      The menu was thinned a bit (I couldn't fit it all on m,y tables lol) to the
      rice and egg pierozhkis, the goose (which ended up steamed, not baked and
      wasn't stuffed, though I did make the saurerkraut stuffing that was
      suggested in my cook book as an alternative to the kasha and serverd it as a
      goosie garnish), the shichi, 8 loaves of homemade bread (a Finnish one
      called Nisu made with cardamon, and a Swiss butter braid topped with poppy
      seeds), assorted garnishes(sour cream and red wine vinegar for the
      pierozhkis, preserves for the breads, drippings to accompany the goose,
      butter, pickles) and a very very dense Russian honey spice loaf. I also
      served strong teas, and my
      (soon-to-marry-me-for-a-secind-time-sneaky-birthday-present-hiding) Lord
      served his ginger, lemon, and spice vodkas to great acclaim.

      I won best cultural display, one of my best friends Genevieve won the
      cooking for her rabbit (was told it was very yummy). We both got these HUGE
      baskets of largess (I got my very own period mug in mine :-) ), and were
      called into eveing court and bragged about. (This was my first trip EVER
      into court, I felt like throwing up, crying, and wetting my pants all at the
      same time, specially seeing as I stood getting this acclaim in front of
      their Majasties.)
      All went very well, and thank you all for the support you gave me as I
      prepared for this. I really appreciate all my friends on both these lists.

      My only regret is that the camers broke :( and I don't have pictures of the
      display. But I have been asked to find a feast to feast steward with a
      period Russian menu at, as well as to provide a large tray of perozhkis to
      the new Crowns at Coronation.

      Many thanks to all of you!! I couldn't have done it alone.

      Anya the very overwhelmed

      Anastasiia Iliiovna Kiianina
      Youth Rapier Marshal
      Barony of the Steppes
      Kingdom of Ansteorra
    • Jenn/Yana
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27 4:18 PM
        >On the topic of my Russian Embassy at Elfsea Defender, I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        <snipped wonderful description>

        What a great job! Molodets'!!!
        Wonderful to hear about the feast, although I am really sorry to hear that
        your camera didn't work. Maybe someone else who attended took pics that
        they could share? Ask around...

        --Yana
      • Chris and Trish Makowski
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28 9:45 AM
          Sorry for the bandwidth guys. I'll keep it short.

          Yana, I tried to send a profile but it bounced off your server saying no
          such user. Help?

          Anya