Re: Bohemian titles

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
      Nezkha - glad it helps - all in the original SIG spirit of "sharing what we
      know" :-)

      Tasha - Erm, not being an SCA person, I have no idea what y'all consider
      "verification"... can you give me a clue? (Perhaps off-list, if you think
      that would be better?)

      Alastair

      ---------------------------
      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)
    • Diane Sawyer
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
        --- Alastair Millar <alastair@...> wrote:
        > Nezkha - glad it helps - all in the original SIG
        > spirit of "sharing what we
        > know" :-)
        >
        > Tasha - Erm, not being an SCA person, I have no idea
        > what y'all consider
        > "verification"... can you give me a clue? (Perhaps
        > off-list, if you think
        > that would be better?)
        >
        > Alastair

        Basically, we'd need backup from period (prior to
        1600) documents, or more current reference materials
        that reference period documents.

        Tasha

        http://auctions.yahoo.com
      • vespirus@socrates.berkeley.edu
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2002
          On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Alastair Millar wrote:

          > Tasha - Erm, not being an SCA person, I have no idea what y'all consider
          > "verification"... can you give me a clue? (Perhaps off-list, if you think
          > that would be better?)

          Academically sound citations would be best. Sometimes it comes down to a
          compromise, but there *are* those of us in the SCA who know how to do
          serious research.

          --Walraven, who has been researching a Croat title list but has held off
          sending anything in just yet in order to peruse 12th century legal
          documents from Ragusa and proclamations of the Hungarian king for
          citations of title use.