Re: [sig] Bohemian titles

  • Diane Sawyer
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
      --- Alastair Millar <alastair@...> wrote:
      > Anezka asked...
      > >Do you happen to have any research which could help
      > make
      > >these more historically accurate?
      > And Tasha said...
      > >If you can come up with better information,
      > Alastair, I'm sure that it
      > would
      > >be appreciated.
      >

      > With the proviso that I need to check all of the
      > below with my Dictionary
      > of Czech Heraldry on Monday (yep, that's in the
      > office too)...

      {snip}

      > Hope this helps a little...
      >
      > A.

      If you can/would verify this info, Alastair, I'd love
      to write it up and submit it to the SCA College of
      Heralds for possible inclusion on the Alternate Titles
      List.

      Tasha

      http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • Alastair Millar
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
        Nezkha - glad it helps - all in the original SIG spirit of "sharing what we
        know" :-)

        Tasha - Erm, not being an SCA person, I have no idea what y'all consider
        "verification"... can you give me a clue? (Perhaps off-list, if you think
        that would be better?)

        Alastair

        ---------------------------
        Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)
      • Diane Sawyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
          --- Alastair Millar <alastair@...> wrote:
          > Nezkha - glad it helps - all in the original SIG
          > spirit of "sharing what we
          > know" :-)
          >
          > Tasha - Erm, not being an SCA person, I have no idea
          > what y'all consider
          > "verification"... can you give me a clue? (Perhaps
          > off-list, if you think
          > that would be better?)
          >
          > Alastair

          Basically, we'd need backup from period (prior to
          1600) documents, or more current reference materials
          that reference period documents.

          Tasha

          http://auctions.yahoo.com
        • vespirus@socrates.berkeley.edu
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2002
            On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Alastair Millar wrote:

            > Tasha - Erm, not being an SCA person, I have no idea what y'all consider
            > "verification"... can you give me a clue? (Perhaps off-list, if you think
            > that would be better?)

            Academically sound citations would be best. Sometimes it comes down to a
            compromise, but there *are* those of us in the SCA who know how to do
            serious research.

            --Walraven, who has been researching a Croat title list but has held off
            sending anything in just yet in order to peruse 12th century legal
            documents from Ragusa and proclamations of the Hungarian king for
            citations of title use.