Re: images of Polish Manuscripts

  • Linda Learn
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      Jadwiga, here's a couple for starters:

      http://www.bj.uj.edu.pl/bjmanus/manus_e.html
      http://www.w.bn.org.pl/revelati.htm
      http://jazon.hist.uj.edu.pl/ap/glowna.htm and click on galeria, then
      Dokumetny i ksiegi

      Two pictures from the Balthasar Behem Codex are found at the first url
      listed as well as something from Copernicus.

      Maria Pienkneplotno

      From: Jenne Heise <jenne@...>
      Subject: Online images of Polish Manuscripts?

      Someone has emailed me looking for online images of Polish manuscripts or
      illumination. I know there's a book out there that has some images, but I
      don't know of any web sites. (The Hours of Bona Sforza is Italian and
      belonged to one of Queen Bona's older relatives.)
      Help?

      "You're down as expendable. You don't get a weapon." Diana Wynne Jones
    • Jenne Heise
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2002
        FYI, thank you very much! The illuminator was very pleased.

        > http://www.bj.uj.edu.pl/bjmanus/manus_e.html
        > http://www.w.bn.org.pl/revelati.htm
        > http://jazon.hist.uj.edu.pl/ap/glowna.htm and click on galeria, then
        > Dokumetny i ksiegi

        "I'd be much happier if my love life resembled falconry a lot less."