Re: [sig] Men's tunics

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2002
      In a message dated 1/18/2002 7:39:26 PM Central Standard Time,
      jjbober4@... writes:

      > I tend to look at questions like this as follows - what would
      > they have had around to dye the fabric with?

      Vegetable dyes mostly, but also expensive cochineal (an insect giving a red
      dye), and dyed fabrics from China, Persia, Byzantium, wool from England, etc.

      The native dyes probably weren't much different from what was used in
      Northern Europe in general.

      Predslava (reference-less since the library's had to be fed -- it swallowed
      back all "my" books!)