Re: [sig] Bohemian/Gothic womens fashion&Wenseslas bible pictures

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Jade, the pictures are currently not available online. Hopefully I will be
      able to get some scanned from my copies this week and post them to a
      private site and post the URL

      > -- women's fashion in Bohemia/Czech areas in the Gothic period: what were
      > all those bathhouse girls doing in the Wencenslaus bible anyway? (things
      > that make you go "hmmmm...)
      >
      > This is an interesting topic...I did a quick search on the web and found a
      > site with a whole bunch of costuming references, one of them a book on
      > Women's Gothic Costuming....But I looked up the Wenceslas bible and got a
      > bunch of stuff about the back ground of the book, the politics and history
      > of the time, etc..this is good knowledge but I wanted to see actual
      > pictures...I haven't yet found any. If you could send a link to a site that
      > shows some of these, I would greatly appreciate it!
      >
      > Thankyou in advance...
      > ~Jade

      "My silences had not protected me. Your silences will not protect
      you.... What are the words you do not yet have? What are the tyrannies
      you swallow day by day and attempt to make your own, until you will
      sicken and die of them, still in silence?" -- Audre Lourde