Re: [sig] Prague material culture (was Re: Re: Real Facts)

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      > I don't know the book, but the content bears an *astonishing* similarity to
      > the text of an exhibition held a while back by the City of Prague Museum...
      > to the extent that I could probably find the names of the
      > bellmaker/councilman and the numbers of books in the New Town libraries
      > among my notes...

      I wouldn't be surprised, as the person who wrote the book (and his
      dissertation) was using City of Prague Museum resources. If anyone wants
      the names of these people I can post them, they are in the book and I just
      omitted them to save typing.

      Thanks for the clarification, Alistair.

      If I can find the reference to the extant period Bohemian cookbook,
      Alistair, can you find out if any reprints of it are available?

      "My silences had not protected me. Your silences will not protect
      you.... What are the words you do not yet have? What are the tyrannies
      you swallow day by day and attempt to make your own, until you will
      sicken and die of them, still in silence?" -- Audre Lourde