Re: Question about stitching seams

  • aislinncc
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 26, 2001
      --- In sig@y..., "Melina York" <myork2@h...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I was wondering what kind of technique would be used to stitch the
      seams of
      > clothing from 10th -11th C Kiev. I am planning on doing a piece
      entirely
      > by hand, and want to make sure that I do the seams right.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Xristina

      I know this is an old thread. Xristina, if you haven't finished your
      project yet, or started the seams, or just want info on what stitches
      are used nowadays to finish seams, email me at
      aislinncc@.... I am willing to make copies of pages in some
      books I have and send them to you via snail mail. The books depict
      seam-joining stitches for Ukrainian and Russian peasant blouses. They
      remind me of macrame and I plan to use one of them to join the seams
      of the blouse I am working on.

      Nadezhda Petrovna Stoianova