New here...interested in Russian Personna

  • aelina_baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2001
      Hi there,

      I am new here, and am very interested in creating a Russian personna
      for the SCA, especially if I can make her from Volhynia. This is
      where my mom's family came from. If there is anyone out there who
      can help point me in the right direction, I would be greatful. I was
      thinking about the 12thC.

      Thanks,

      Aelina
    • Jenne Heise
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2001
        > I am new here, and am very interested in creating a Russian personna
        > for the SCA, especially if I can make her from Volhynia. This is
        > where my mom's family came from. If there is anyone out there who
        > can help point me in the right direction, I would be greatful. I was
        > thinking about the 12thC.

        I don't have a copy of Mordak's garb packet-- does anyone who does have
        any idea whether it would be useful for someone doing 12th century
        Ukranian at all?

        I came across a book in our library called _Ukranian Arts_ by the
        Ukrainian Youth's League of North America, published in 1952 which had
        some pictures but a) I don't think it's a great source, and b) I can't get
        my hands on it right now, it's checked out to someone else [I think].

        "My silences had not protected me. Your silences will not protect
        you.... What are the words you do not yet have? What are the tyrannies
        you swallow day by day and attempt to make your own, until you will
        sicken and die of them, still in silence?" -- Audre Lourde