Alexandra's dress

  • Sheila
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2001
      hi everyone!
      i was looking to do something along the lines of
      Alexandra's dress from the 1903 Winter Ball, and the
      museum site says its a "platno". it looks like a
      wide-sleeved tunic to me, but i was wondering if
      anyone had more information on this.
      you can see it at the Hermitage site.....
      http://www.nicholasandalexandra.com/afcostume.html

      Thanks!
      Turrel

      or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • turrel
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2001
        I also found the mens costume, if anyone knows how this might go
        together, it reminds me of the "Cossack Uniform" pattern put out
        awhile ago. http://www.nicholasandalexandra.com/costumes.html
        Also, what would be worn under both of these? A rubakah and sarafan?
        Thanks!