Re: [sig] Fw: Khazar fieldwork opportunity

  • Dawn aka Achaxe
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2001
      i have had the same problem...csen.org seems to be down at the moment...
      Achaxe

      >Is something wrong with this link? I haven't been able to reach it from
      >anywhere that this message is posted.
      >
      >Laura

      Don't frown. You never know who is falling in love with your
      smile.

    • Shadow42
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2001
        Alastair Millar wrote:

        >Another one from the CSEN...
        >
        >[quote]
        >
        >Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:59:27 +0900
        >Subject: More fieldwork opportunities
        >
        >Fieldwork Opportunities II (Additional Information)
        >
        >The Center for the Study of Eurasian Nomads (CSEN) is sponsoring a third
        >Fieldwork Opportunity, the excavation of Golden Hills, a Khazar Fortress
        >located about 70 km west of Rostov-na-Donu in southern Russia. Further
        >information on the CSEN Website at
        >
        >http://csen.org/Golden_Hills_Khazar_FWO/2002_Gold_Hills_Index.htm
        >
        >For further information, please contact jkimball@...

        Is something wrong with this link? I haven't been able to reach it from
        anywhere that this message is posted.

        Laura
      • liberty1975
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
          Hello,

          Laura wrote:
          > Is something wrong with this link? I haven't been able to reach
          > it from anywhere that this message is posted.

          The correct URL for the "Golden Hills" Khazar fortress excavation
          website is
          http://csen.org/Golden_Hills_Khazar_FWO/2002_Gold_Hills_Index.html

          with an "l" at the end of the address. Jeannine had made a typo in
          the email that Alastair forwarded to the Kaganate.

          The fortress dates from the 9th-10th centuries and is located about
          70 kilometers east of the city of Rostov-na-Donu. I don't have any
          details about the fortress's size, history, or potential contents.
          Next year should be very interesting.

          Kevin