Fw: Khazar fieldwork opportunity

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2001
      Another one from the CSEN...

      [quote]

      Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:59:27 +0900
      Subject: More fieldwork opportunities

      Fieldwork Opportunities II (Additional Information)

      The Center for the Study of Eurasian Nomads (CSEN) is sponsoring a third
      Fieldwork Opportunity, the excavation of Golden Hills, a Khazar Fortress
      located about 70 km west of Rostov-na-Donu in southern Russia. Further
      information on the CSEN Website at

      http://csen.org/Golden_Hills_Khazar_FWO/2002_Gold_Hills_Index.htm

      For further information, please contact jkimball@...
      --
      Dr. Jeannine Davis-Kimball
      Director

      [unquote]

      ---------------------------
      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)
    • Dawn aka Achaxe
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2001
        i have had the same problem...csen.org seems to be down at the moment...
        Achaxe

        >Is something wrong with this link? I haven't been able to reach it from
        >anywhere that this message is posted.
        >
        >Laura

        Don't frown. You never know who is falling in love with your
        smile.

      • Shadow42
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2001
          Alastair Millar wrote:

          >Another one from the CSEN...
          >
          >[quote]
          >
          >Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:59:27 +0900
          >Subject: More fieldwork opportunities
          >
          >Fieldwork Opportunities II (Additional Information)
          >
          >The Center for the Study of Eurasian Nomads (CSEN) is sponsoring a third
          >Fieldwork Opportunity, the excavation of Golden Hills, a Khazar Fortress
          >located about 70 km west of Rostov-na-Donu in southern Russia. Further
          >information on the CSEN Website at
          >
          >http://csen.org/Golden_Hills_Khazar_FWO/2002_Gold_Hills_Index.htm
          >
          >For further information, please contact jkimball@...

          Is something wrong with this link? I haven't been able to reach it from
          anywhere that this message is posted.

          Laura
        • liberty1975
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
            Hello,

            Laura wrote:
            > Is something wrong with this link? I haven't been able to reach
            > it from anywhere that this message is posted.

            The correct URL for the "Golden Hills" Khazar fortress excavation
            website is
            http://csen.org/Golden_Hills_Khazar_FWO/2002_Gold_Hills_Index.html

            with an "l" at the end of the address. Jeannine had made a typo in
            the email that Alastair forwarded to the Kaganate.

            The fortress dates from the 9th-10th centuries and is located about
            70 kilometers east of the city of Rostov-na-Donu. I don't have any
            details about the fortress's size, history, or potential contents.
            Next year should be very interesting.

            Kevin