Re: Polish armor?

  • vespirus@xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 1999
      On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Jenne Heise wrote:

      > I'm posting this for someone in my shire. He is beginning to make armor
      > and would like to make it Polish. We have some resources around here, but
      > I don't have much on arms and armor of Poland myself. Can someone point us
      > in the direction of some good resources?

      By "arms" do you mean weapons and battle accoutrements, or do you mean
      that you also need help designing heraldry appropriate to Poland. If you
      are also interested in heraldry, I have a nice collection of articles and
      resources on 15th century Polish heraldry, though be warned that it isn't
      used the same way as western heraldry -- each coat of arms was used by
      many people, and it usually identified your _rad_, a word usually
      translated as "tribe" but which is more like a political alliance.

      If your interested, I can suggest some general articles, or help with
      heraldic design.

      --Walraven van Nijmegen