Bona Sforza's Book of Hours

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2001
      I'm finding some conflicting information on the manuscript referred to as
      _Bona Sforza's Book of Hours_ or _The Book of Hours of Bona Sforza_.
      Many sites claim that it was commissioned for the Bona Sforza who married
      Sigismund I of Poland.

      However, the British library, who presumably should know best about
      provenance, says that it was commissioned for Bona of Savoy, widow of
      Galeazzo Sforza, Duke of Milan, around 1490.
      http://www.bl.uk/diglib/treasures/sforza-hours.html

      I'm assuming that the British Library is right about their copy! But is
      thare another Sforza hours out there associated with the queen of Poland?

      "And here's to the girls who just watch, aren't they the best?
      When they get depressed it's a bottle of scotch, plus a little jest.
      Another chance to disapprove, another brillant zinger
      Another reason not to move, another vodka stinger... I'll drink to that."