Re: [sig] Romanian Gypsy Garb

  • Marilee Humason
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2001
      You are not going to find specifically 14th century
      Romanian Garb unless you get a chance to go to
      Romania.
      There is a 14th century picture of gypsies in the
      Angus Fraser Gypsies book.
      I have a lot of 16th century pictures,the basic garb
      did not really change, it was the fancy pieces they
      were given by the nobility as payment for services
      rendered, that changed with the times.
      I have a 1577 Slovak gypsy picture, that would be
      about the same, as I say, the elements remained the
      same.
      Hope this helps.
      Baroness Anastasia

      http://personals.yahoo.com