book recommendation

  • Erin-Lee Halstad
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2001
      Hmmm... I actually own a copy of the Emergence of Rus' . . . I really need
      to keep better track of who has my books though. There seems to be a few
      gaps in the "Russian" shelves of my library, and that book is one of the
      missing ones. This means that I can't give precise details, but I can tell
      you that I liked it enough to buy it. (I work in the University Library in
      Victoria and so have access to a lot of amazing Russian books - if one is
      really good, I will hunt it down and buy it.) I seem to remember that it
      was fairly extensive in its coverage, well written and very readable. When
      I locate my copy (and after I finish the latest batch of term papers), I
      could probably put together a brief book review if you'd be interested?

      Yours,
      Voevoda Nadezhda Toranova