Re: [sig] Fw: this made me think of you

  • Jeff Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2001
      --- MHoll@... wrote:

      <HR>
      <tt>
      In a message dated 11/7/2001 9:31:16 AM Central
      Standard Time, <BR>
      janos@... writes:<BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>
      > There is/was Russian heraldry.� <BR>
      <BR>
      Just completely OOP.<BR>
      <BR>
      Predslava.<BR>

      I guess it depends on how strictly you define Russian.

      Since this book is about Russian principalities, it
      would seem to include most of what is now Russia, plus
      Belarus.

      Go to
      http://jurix.jura.uni-sb.de/~serko/history/pahonia.html
      to see European style heraldry on a seal from 1407 and
      two others from 16th century chronicles.

      Janos

      =====
      JEFFREY C. SMITH
      Heidelberg, Germany

      "There are no useful suggestions to be found in 'give peace a chance' when the other side has dedicated itself to a bloody holy war against American men, women and children.
      Now, if someone wants to write a song that goes something like: 'All we are saying is give a sustained aerial bombing with coordinated ground assaults a chance' that might be helpful." -- Jonah Goldberg

      Find a job, post your resume.
      http://careers.yahoo.com