Re: [sig] Book reccomendation

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2001
      > > The Emergence of Rus 750-1200 (Longman history of Russia) by Simon
      > > Franklin, Jonathan Shepard. Addison-Wesley, May 1996, ISBN:
      > 058249091X
      > >
      > I've been trying to get my hands on a copy for ~2 years. Was the
      > endorcement any more specific than "ringing"?

      Hm.. I checked our library's copy of this out for Kat'ryna. Kat'ryna, want
      to take a look at it and see if anything catches your eye in terms of good
      or bad?

      "Let's by all means grieve together. But let's not be stupid together. A
      few shreds of historical awareness might help us understand what has just
      happened, and what may continue to happen." - Susan Sontag, The New Yorker
    • RaceMarre@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2001
        In a message dated 11/7/01 9:26:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        jenne@... writes:

        > > The Emergence of Rus 750-1200 (Longman history of Russia) by Simon
        > > > Franklin, Jonathan Shepard. Addison-Wesley, May 1996, ISBN:
        > > 058249091X

        There is a copy up for bid on Ebay right now.

        Lady Anne
        Trimaris

      • Kate Jones
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2001
          Jenne Heise sez:

          > > > The Emergence of Rus 750-1200 (Longman history of Russia) by Simon
          > > > Franklin, Jonathan Shepard. Addison-Wesley, May 1996, ISBN:
          > > 058249091X
          > > >
          > > I've been trying to get my hands on a copy for ~2 years. Was the
          > > endorcement any more specific than "ringing"?
          >
          > Hm.. I checked our library's copy of this out for Kat'ryna. Kat'ryna, want
          > to take a look at it and see if anything catches your eye in terms of good
          > or bad?

          Oh.

          Um, yeah. Guess I ought to, since I've only had the thing for months now...

          Kat'ryna
          --
          Kate Jones | I turned my world upside-down
          kate@... | and that's how everything landed...
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 9, 2001
            --- Kate Jones <kate@...> wrote:
            > Jenne Heise sez:

            > of Russia) by Simon
            > May 1996, ISBN:
            > > > 058249091X
            > > > >

            > Oh.
            >
            > Um, yeah. Guess I ought to, since I've only had the
            > thing for months now...
            >
            > Kat'ryna
            > --

            I have to say, I am really glad I am not the only one
            on this universe that ends up with really big Library
            fees.
            Baroness Anastasia

            Find a job, post your resume.
            http://careers.yahoo.com
          • Parsla Liepa
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 9, 2001
              > I have to say, I am really glad I am not the only one
              > on this universe that ends up with really big Library
              > fees.
              > Baroness Anastasia

              That's when it's handy to have a friend who works at the library. *grin
              When I was at the University of Michigan, a friend of mine always made
              sure that my fines were "paid". He knew me, and he knew that I'd give the
              books back... when I was done with them.

              Parsla
            • Lewis Tanzos
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 9, 2001
                > > Um, yeah. Guess I ought to, since I've only had the
                > > thing for months now...
                > I have to say, I am really glad I am not the only one on this
                > universe that ends up with really big Library fees.

                Unfortunately (fortunately?), Jadwiga is library staff, and gets to
                keep the things for ungodly long times. Possibly 'indefinitely, or
                until we need it back'. So Kat'ryna isn't racking up the fees.

                - Istvan
              • Jenne Heise
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 9, 2001
                  > Unfortunately (fortunately?), Jadwiga is library staff, and gets to
                  > keep the things for ungodly long times. Possibly 'indefinitely, or
                  > until we need it back'. So Kat'ryna isn't racking up the fees.

                  Of course I make up for that by racking up fines at the public library.

                  -- Jadwiga, still making time payments on library fines from a community
                  she moved out of 5 years ago.