Gifts to the Tzars

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 6, 2001
      This weekend Bogdan and I are going to the exhibit, "Gifts to the Tzars" in
      Indianapolis. Someone previously had contacted me about getting a
      catalogue for them while we are there. Sorry, but I said at the time that
      I've not got a great memory. If the person could please email me privately
      so we can make arrangements, I would appreciate it - and you'll get the
      catalogue you asked for.

      Thanks,
      Despina

      Catalogue
      A fully illustrated catalogue accompanies the exhibition. Barry Shifman,
      IMA curator of decorative arts, and Guy Walton, professor, New York
      University and consultant for the exhibition, co-edited the 336-page
      publication, which includes more than 260 color images. The catalogue is
      published and distributed by Harry N. Abrams in New York, and a soft-copy
      edition will be available for purchase in the Museum Shop during the
      exhibition for $35. Hardbound copies are $65.

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 6, 2001
        Hello,
        I hope you already have your tickets? They are requiring a "timed
        ticket" scheduling because of the high demand for tickets.
        Sincerely,
        Sonny Cline
        Southern Indiana[

        "This weekend Bogdan and I are going to the exhibit, "Gifts to the
        Tzars" in Indianapolis."
      • Marilee Humason
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 6, 2001
          Hi,
          I would love to have one too. I could send you a check
          immediately upon knowing the amount. I am not the
          original person who asked you, but I would love one!!
          Thanks,
          Baroness Anastasia
          --- "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil" <aheilvei@...>
          wrote:
          > This weekend Bogdan and I are going to the exhibit,
          > "Gifts to the Tzars" in
          > Indianapolis. Someone previously had contacted me
          > about getting a
          > catalogue for them while we are there. Sorry, but I
          > said at the time that
          > I've not got a great memory. If the person could
          > please email me privately
          > so we can make arrangements, I would appreciate it -
          > and you'll get the
          > catalogue you asked for.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Despina
          >

          > Catalogue
          > A fully illustrated catalogue accompanies the
          > exhibition. Barry Shifman,
          > IMA curator of decorative arts, and Guy Walton,
          > professor, New York
          > University and consultant for the exhibition,
          > co-edited the 336-page
          > publication, which includes more than 260 color
          > images. The catalogue is
          > published and distributed by Harry N. Abrams in New
          > York, and a soft-copy
          > edition will be available for purchase in the Museum
          > Shop during the
          > exhibition for $35. Hardbound copies are $65.

          > removed]

          Find a job, post your resume.
          http://careers.yahoo.com
        • RaceMarre@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 6, 2001
            Could you please pass on the name of the Museum or exhibit hall? I'd love to
            see if they have a web site, and possibly check where the exhibit is going
            next.

            Lady Anne
            Trimaris

          • Elizabeth Lear
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 6, 2001
              Has anyone tried ordering it from the gift shop? I have never found a
              museum who wasn't able to sell me the exhibit catalog over the phone
              and ship it to me.

              -Yelizaveta
            • chatlzt@psci.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 7, 2001
                Here is the URL for the exhibit:
                http://www.museumreproductions.com/exhibits/russian/
                from here you should be able to get to the portion of the URL to order
                tickets or the book in question.
                Sonny Cline

              • chatlzt@psci.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 7, 2001
                  Sorry, I left this off the last post but here is the URL for the:
                  Indianapolis art museum located in Indianapolis Indiana; I believe you
                  can order the book/ catalog that some are seeking.
                  http://www.ima-art.org/
                  Sonny Cline
                • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 8, 2001
                    The exhibit is at the Indianapolis Museum of Art found here on the
                    web http://www.ima-art.org/ I was told that they were not selling the
                    catalogues by phone or web. This could be misinformation though.

                    Thanks for the concern. *smile* We do have tickets waiting for us at the
                    'will call'. I am soooo excited!

                    Unfortunately, I don't believe this to be a traveling exhibit. This is an
                    exhibit done between the Indianapolis Museum of Art and The State
                    Historical-Cultural Museum Preserve, Moscow Kremlin. Sorry. It does run
                    until mid-January, though.

                    Smiles,
                    Despina

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 8, 2001
                      In a message dated 11/8/01 9:30:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                      aheilvei@... writes:

                      > Unfortunately, I don't believe this to be a traveling exhibit

                      Thanks for letting us know. (Arrgghhh!!!)

                      Lady Anne
                      Trimaris

                    • Kuzniar, Wendy
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 2, 2002
                        I'm going to see this exhibit on the last possible day - 13 January. If
                        there is anything specific anyone would like, please let me know, and I'll
                        do my best.

                        Nezkha