Korobushka and fabrics

  • Erin-Lee Halstad
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2001
      Greetings again,

      I was flipping through my collection of unread SIG messages - I fell a
      little behind in preparing for KWAS, and am only now catching up. I saw
      that somebody had mentionned the Korobushka. Did you know that this
      delightful dance works really well with Ra Ra Rasputin? We discovered this
      at a friend's wedding not that long ago. It was a riot - imagine if you
      will, a stack of men in suits and ladies in evening gowns all stomping away.

      More seriously, I promised a few people that I would send this link to the
      SIG and have only now remembered to do so. Istok Enterprises deals in
      Russian Ecclesiatical fabrics, imported from Russia via Calgary. I ordered
      their sample package and they were very good about all of it, although
      expect the fabric to take a bit of time to get to you. The colours and
      patterns are gorgeous.

      http://www.istok.net/

      Check it out. The prices are really quite manageable.

      Yours,
      Voevoda Nadezhda Toranova
    • MHoll@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2001
        It's been mentioned before, but I have to say it again, just for the sake of
        accuracy.

        Korobushka, either the words or the music, are 19th century.

        And it's a very naughty song (although not explicit).

        Just FYI.

        Predslava, who does like the song (and knows the words) but avoids in SCA
        context.