livery

  • Erin-Lee Halstad
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2001
      I was wondering if anyone had ever run across anything regarding livery or
      something similar in Kievan Rus'? Do we know if any of the princes used
      anything to mark their Druzhina for example?

      Yours,
      Voevoda Nadezhda Toranova
    • MHoll@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2001
        No livery, but the Rurikids used marks, variations on the trident with all
        sorts of hooks and curlicues, that their druzhinniki wore on their belts.
        Those marks are very personal, used exclusively by Rurikids, and any
        imitation would indicate an association with a specific kniaz.

        No livery whatsoever, though.

        Predslava.