Re: [sig] All Things Ukrainian

  • Jenn Ridley
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2001
      nikulai wrote:

      >A local Greek Orthodox church held their annual Greek Festival this past
      >weekend.... Almost all of
      >his wares were hand made by his family who still live in the Ukrain, and he
      >posts pictures of everything that comes through his booth on his web site
      >http://www.allthingsukrainian.com I am still not sure why he was at a Greek
      >festival, but the band was also playing Shalom Alechem, so....

      It may be his church. There are a lot of areas that only have one
      Orthodox congregation, and all the Orthodox in the area attend that
      church, whether or not it is nominally correct. I know that the
      congregation my dad grew up in was a Russian Orthodox church, but
      there were a number of Greeks in it.

      stasia
      --
      Anastasia Emilianova