Re: [sig] Khazars

  • Dmitriy V Ryaboy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2001
      Soraya,
      Yes, Kevin Brook sends out periodic bulletins about developments in Khazar
      studies.
      Also check on the Red Kaganate website
      ( http://www.geocities.com/kaganate ), I just posted some info regarding a
      khazarian felt boot there. And while you are signing up for Kevin's
      bulletin, you might want to join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kaganate ,
      too ;-).

      -Dmitriy Shelomianin
      West

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2002
        Alexey Kiyaikin wrote:

        >Greetings Sorcha!
        >
        >>Good to hear from you! I have chosen to re-create a Khazar persona.
        >>
        >My compassion be guiding you!:-) There are two :-( most unknown &
        >most remembered (by Russians) nations:
        >the Khazars & the Pechenegs. Once choosing a Pecheneg character, I've
        >come across such a fact: they were so well extinguished by Yaroslav, that
        >no traces exist. Even in archaeology there is only ONE pot, and no
        >other artifacts once belonging to them. The same with the Khazars.

        There are lots of new archaeological finds from Khazars. In fact there
        is a dig going on in Ukraine right now, excavaiting Khazar burial
        grounds. Wish I could have gone... see Kevin Brook's website
        www.khazaria.com for some updates.

        Leya sher Kimmer aka. Laura