Re: [sig] To Magistar

  • doug
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2001
      Subject: [sig] To Magistar

      I don't know..My great grandfather. per family oral history, was 6'4''. 300
      lbs (supposedly used in the mines as a truss) and had flaming red hair...I
      don't believe marrying into an marginalized Old Believer family was all that
      attractive, so a less honorable method of gene splicing may have been used,
      but if so, the red hair seems to survive in my uncle, and a few other
      friends whose parents emigrated in the early 1900's...Do I remember Peter I
      also coifed with red hair? As to the purity of any European people, it would
      be hard to document, with all the migrations, invations et c. Just the
      musing of a lurker Sergius B.
    • E D
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2001
        I'm also a Uke, both sides. Hey gang, Europe as we know it formed from
        tribes at least several thousand years ago with little contact until the
        last few thousand years. It would take alot longer than that for all
        races/cultures to be assimilated completely! Mind you that there still
        exists the "Slav" look/type and humanity should be gratefull for that.

        Magistar, as long as you tell your kids to acknowledge where they came
        from, and pass that on, they will never forget their roots.

        P.S.
        I gave you "the" link to use "Ukraine" in its proper grammatical form.
        Please read it. But then again, since Ukrainians don't advance their own
        terminology, who cares!

        E. Dorosh