What's a Sorb?

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2001
      Sorry, only just getting round to replying to last week's mails... in
      response to the above question, here's a couple of links on Sorbs/Wends
      that might help:

      Roman Zaroff's Germanicization thesis: "Germanisation of the land between
      the Elbe-Saale and the Oder rivers
      Colonisation or assimilation?"
      http://www-user.tu-cottbus.de/Sorben/inhalt11/d0101.htm

      "Skip" Knox's paper "The Destruction and Conversion of the Wends":
      http://oit.idbsu.edu/sknox/thesis/

      Something short and sweet on the Sorbian languages:
      http://babaev.newmail.ru/tree/sorbian.html

      NOTE: I haven't checked these links for AGES - but I do have the first two
      saved on my trusty hard drive in HTML format, too, so if they aren't where
      they should be, anyone who's interested can drop me a line off list...

      Yrs aye

      Alastair

      Alastair Millar, BSc(Hons)