RE: [sig] Those Eternal Sorbs

  • Jeff Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
      --- "Shubelka, Mark" <Mark.Shubelka@...>
      wrote:
      > I'm sorry I must have missed a previous posting,
      > whats a Sorb?
      >
      > Kythe

      The Sorbs (aka Wends) are a Slavic minority in what is
      now eastern Germany. There have been a few of us now
      that have received emails to do something about the
      German government cutting funds to their schools, and
      therefore being anti-Sorb.

      What I've read about them (historically, not this
      garbage) is pretty interesting. NOTE TO SELF: read
      about the Sorbs again.

      Janos

      =====
      JEFFREY C. SMITH
      HQ USAREUR/7A
      CMR 420, BOX 2839
      APO AE 09063-2839

      "Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done." -- G. W. Bush

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
        In a message dated 10/9/2001 8:15:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
        tasha_medvedeva@... writes:

        > You too, huh? The derned message was so long, Yahoo

        Me too, but I just deleted it. Not the first time a political group uses
        mailing lists. I was on one from some Croat group -- they keep sending me
        their journal, which ends up in the trash. Not good journalism anyway. It's
        "we're good, everybody else is bad" stuff.

        Predslava.