RE: [sig] Those Eternal Sorbs

  • Shubelka, Mark
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
      I'm sorry I must have missed a previous posting, whats a Sorb?

      Kythe

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
        --- Jeff Smith <janos@...> wrote:
        > I was just "pinged" by the Sorbs, as Alastair was
        > earlier.
        >
        > They used my janos@... address, which I only
        > use for SCA related things. Somebody, somewhere is
        > harvesting our email addresses.
        >
        > Janos

        You too, huh? The derned message was so long, Yahoo
        truncated it, I think...

        Tasha

        http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
      • Jeff Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
          --- "Shubelka, Mark" <Mark.Shubelka@...>
          wrote:
          > I'm sorry I must have missed a previous posting,
          > whats a Sorb?
          >
          > Kythe

          The Sorbs (aka Wends) are a Slavic minority in what is
          now eastern Germany. There have been a few of us now
          that have received emails to do something about the
          German government cutting funds to their schools, and
          therefore being anti-Sorb.

          What I've read about them (historically, not this
          garbage) is pretty interesting. NOTE TO SELF: read
          about the Sorbs again.

          Janos

          =====

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2001
            In a message dated 10/9/2001 8:15:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
            tasha_medvedeva@... writes:

            > You too, huh? The derned message was so long, Yahoo

            Me too, but I just deleted it. Not the first time a political group uses
            mailing lists. I was on one from some Croat group -- they keep sending me
            their journal, which ends up in the trash. Not good journalism anyway. It's
            "we're good, everybody else is bad" stuff.

            Predslava.